Current Affairs Questions: January 2012
1. Which two countries have strengthened business ties to start trading electricity and petroleum products?
Ans: India and Pakistan
2. Which country recently joined UNSC as non-permanent member?
3. Where is National Kannada conference is set to be held in the month of April?
4. Where is the Coastal Business Development Summit is held?
Ans: Mangalore, Karnataka
5. What is the total number of districts in Chhattisgarh as on 1st January 2012?
6. Where has Union Government planned to build 11 tunnels to connect important roads?
Ans: Pakistan and China borders
7. Which version of Internet Explorer is dead as per Microsoft?
Ans: Internet Explorer 6
8. Where the national and international theater festival, the Bharat Rang Mahotsav set to be held?
Ans: National School of Drama, Amritsar
9. When is Rajinikanth’s biography set to hit stands?
10. Name the Government policy introduced by Karnataka to boost animation industry.
Ans: Karnataka Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (KAVGC) Policy 2011
11. To protect consumers from unscrupulous jewellers which proposal has the government made mandatory for gold?
12. Name the nano’s rival announced by bajaj recently.
13. Where in India is Literary Festival 2012 is scheduled to held?
14. What is the concept introduced by Indian Postal Department(Bihar Postal Circle) to get a personalized stamp with photograph on it?
Ans: My Stamp
15. Who has been considered for first Gates Innovation Award?
Ans: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
16. Name Afghan’s first team of female boxers set to aim for Olympics 2012.
Ans: Shabnam and Sadaf Rahimi
17. Which country test launched first 3D television broadcast?
18. Where is India’s first Startup Village is to be setup?
Ans: KINFRA Park, Kalamassery, Kochi
19. SOPA Stands for:
Ans: Stop Online Piracy Act
20. PIPA Stands for:
Ans: Protect IP Act
21. Where is the India-Burma talks scheduled on January 19th 2012?
Ans: Myanmar capital, Naypyitaw
22. Name the Yahoo co-founder who resigned recently.
Ans: Jerry Yang
23. Which card has BSNL launched to facilitate making utility bill payments like electricity and telephone bills?
Ans: Itz Cash Card (Trust Card)
24. Who is set to head committee on power sector reforms?
Ans. Pullock Chatterjee
25. Which website is to be shut for 24hrs in January to stop anti-piracy act?
26. Name the Indian-origin Sikh who has been unanimously elected as the mayor of Charlottesville, a historic American city in Virginia.
Ans. Satyendra Singh Huja
27. Where is the first crocodile census set to start?
28. Which currency is world’s most undervalued currency as per Big Mac Index?
Ans. Indian rupee
29. Name India’s first woman journalist who died recently.
Ans. Homai Vyarawalla
30. Who won gold in Asian shooting championship?
Ans. Abhinav Bindra
31. When did India complete one polio-free year?
13th January 2012
32.What is the lowest one-day score by Sri Lanka in the recently held match against South Africa?
Ans. 43 all out
33. Which country has been ranked first on nuclear safety?
34. Which country’s Prime Minister is to be chief guest at Indian Republic Day parade?
Ans. Thailand Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra
35. Who won the FIFA men’s world player of the year 3rd time in a row?
Lionel Messi (Argentina)
36. Where is the world’s largest solar telescope set to be built?
Ans. Merak on Pangong Tso lake in the cold desert Ladakh region
37. Who won the doubles title at the Chennai Open 2012?
Ans. Leander Peas and Janko Tipsarevic
38. Name the singer who was made the Big Entertainer of the Year in recognition of her ‘Special Contribution to Bengali music’.
39. Tatas Global recently signed pact to open what cafes?
40. Which state’s theme has been set in 26th Surajkund Crafts Mela in Faridabad, Haryana?
41. Who won Grand slam title in men’s Australian Open 2012?
42. Which country teaches Sanskrit Language Studies and claims it helps children understand English?
43. Who won the Australian Open 2012 doubles final?
Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek
44. Who won her first Grand slam title in woman’s Australian Open 2012?
45. Which Indian state is likely to include solar plants to be part of state housing projects?
46. Name the woman pilot who led the Air Force contingent creating history at the 63rd Republic Day parade.
47. After which sporting person has Madhya Pradesh decided to set up museum?
48. Which Indian film failed to secure a place in the final nomination list of the 84th Academy Awards?
49. Which photo pioneer company filed bankruptcy recently?
50. Who won the Ranji Trophy 2011-12?