1. Name the renowned Urdu poet who passed away after battling lung cancer recently.
Ans. Akhlaq Mohammed Khan
2. Name the actor who was presented with a National Medal of Arts for his contributions to American culture.
Ans. Al Pacino
3. Name the Maldives President who was appointed after Mohamed Nasheed quit.
Ans. Mohammad Waheed Hassan
4. Who is the first Indian defence minister to visit Saudi Arabia?
5. Name the Supercomputer developed by C DAC recently for Biology research.
6. The World’s Youngest MCP and CCNA, who has exceptionally highest IQ in the world ?
7. Which author’s autobiography release was cancelled at the Kolkata Book Fair?
8. Which company will acquire full control of UTV Software and Communications Ltd.?
US-based Walt Disney
9. What is the value of IPO filed by Facebook?
10. Expand SAR.
Specific Absorption Rate
11. Who was awarded ‘Pride of India’ award by the Indian-American community in Washington?
12. Who is World’s shortest man ?
72-year-old Chandra Bahadur Dangi of Nepal
13. Where in India was the inaugural World Series Hockey tournament held?
14. Which Indian Govt. company signed a long-term agreement to supply 250 MW power to Bangladesh Power Development Board?
15. Which bollywood actor was honoured with a Green Globe award for outstanding effort to fight climate change?
16. Name the singer who has been appointed as anti-tobacco campaign ambassador.
Playback Singer Shann
17. Which west Asian country approved for new constitution recently?
18. Which country has been ranked as the world’s richest country in the list compiled by US magazine Forbes?
19. Which Asian country was recently taken off the list of polio endemic countries by the World Health Organisation?
20. Which company is Vedanta set to merge with Sesa Goa?
21. Name the operating system launched by Black Berry-maker Research in Motion for its PlayBook tablet.
PlayBook OS 2.0
22. Who will be the only Indian driver in the Formula One for 2012 season after signing to continue with Hispania Racing (HRT)?
23. In which country have UN declared end of famine?
24. Which social networking site turned 8 recently?
25. Which 3-day youth festival is back after a gap of 7 years in Jaipur?
Ghoomar (Rajasthan University)
26. Who won the Champions Trophy women’s hockey tournament for the 5th time?
27. Name the freedom fighter with picture of whom Rs.5 coin would be introduced by RBI.
28. Which Telecom Govt. company recently launched Tablet at Rs. 3200 under brand name "TPad"
BSNL launches Tablet PC Tpad with pantel
29. FTTH Stands for
Fiber To The Home
30.Name the Romanian Prime Minister who quit recently.
31. In which currency is India set to pay for 45% of Iran oil imports?
32. Name the Maldives President who was appointed after Mohamed Nasheed quit.
Mohammad Waheed Hassan
33. Which company renewed sponsorship deal with Indian hockey team?
34. Name the book featuring the problems of NRI’s living in Gulf countries released by Mohammed Ali Shabbir and written by Mohammed Saifuddin.
35. Which place in Tamil Nadu is all set to get 4th Science Park?
36. Name the newly elected President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?
37. Who hits 100th century in Cricket
38. Veteran Bollywood writer-filmmaker who died recently ?
39. Which company will stop making digital cameras, pocket video cameras and digital picture frames?
Eastman Kodak Co. (Kodak)
40. Who was honoured with Lata Mangehkar award by the Madhya Pradesh government recently?
41. Why zebras have black and white stripes (recently solved mystery)?
To keep blood-sucking files away
42. Which economist is named for US Humanities medal?
43. Name the US-based pop music queen who died recently.
44. Who won the women’s doubles event at the Pattaya Open 2012?
Sania Mirza and Anastasia Rodionova
45. Who was honoured with a posthumous Grammy award for his contributions to the music industry in area other than performance?
46. Who will replace Eric Simons as Indian cricket bowling coach?
Australian, Joe Dawes
47. Who took over as president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the year 2012-13?
48. Name the renowned Urdu poet who passed away after battling lung cancer recently.
Akhlaq Mohammad Khan
49. Name the Australian Ex-Captain who retired from One-day cricket.
50. Name the German President who quit over a loan scandal.