Current Affairs Question September 2012: Current General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) for RAS/ IAS/ Bank Jobs. Question of Rajasthan GK, India GK and World GK will be updated daily during whole month of September 2012. For Current Affairs Live Updates Follow us on FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE+1. NAM Summit 2012 was held at:
A. New Delhi
2. World Shortest Woman is:
A. Chandra Dangi
B. Jyoti Amge
C. Ankita Khote
D. Nensi Sherpa
3. Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda who won Silver medal in Paralympic Games 2012 belongs:
C. High jump
D. Long Jump
4. Founder of NDDB and man who led 'Operation Flood' is:
A. Dr Verghese Kurien
B. Lal bahadur shashtri
C. Indira Gandhi
D. M.D Kamat
5. ISRO on 9th sept 2012 Launches 100th space vehicle. The name is:
A. AGNI V
B. PLSV C20
C. PLSV C21
D. ANTRIX 100
6. ISRO's PLSV C21 successfully launches satellite of which country on 9th Sept 2012:
A. India, Nepal
B. India, France
C. France, Russia
D. France, Japan
7. Maximum No. of Days in MGNREGA is now:
A. 100 Days
B. 200 Days
C. 150 Days
D. 180 Days
8. Maximum No. of LPG cylinder allowed on subsidy rate in a year is ?
9. Newly elected President of Somalia, Hassan Sheikh Mohamud is Alumni of:
A. IIT Delhi
B. Oxford University, London
C. Barkatullah University, Bhopal
D. Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
Rasexam.com Tips: Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, who was elected President of Somalia on September 10, studied in the Bhopal's Barkatullah University for his M.Tech degree from 1986 to 1988.
10. Planning commission has set growth target in 12th five year Plan:
A. 5.2 %
11. Who was banned by AITA till 2014 ?
A. Mahesh Bhupati and Rohan Bopanna
B. Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupati
C. Mahesh Bhupati and Somdev
D. Leader paes and Rohan Bopanna
12. Which leader is awarded by prestigious Congressional Gold Medal in Sept. 2012 ?
A. Barack Obama
B. Sonia Gandhi
C. Aung San Suu Kyi
D. Ban Ki-moon
RasExam.com Tips: Myanmar's opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi has received prestigious Congressional Gold Medal, a rare honour bestowed to any foreign leader by the US administration. The National League for Democracy leader also met President Barack Obama.
13. India's Nuclear-capable Agni-III missile was test fired successfully in Sept. 2012 from ?
A. Andhra Coast
B. Odisha Coast
C. Tamilnadu Coast
D. Kerala Coast
14. Which PSU recently become eligible for Maharatna Status ?
RasExam.com Tips: State-run BHEL is eligible for "Maharatna status". A Maharatna PSU can take decisions for up to Rs 5,000 crore investment without the Cabinet approval. Currently, BHEL is a Navratna company which allows it to make investments only up to Rs 1,000 crore without the Cabinet nod. To be eligible for Maharatna status, a public sector company should have an average annual net profit of over Rs 5,000 crore in the last three years.
15. Which Bollywood star appointed "UN Goodwill Ambassador for UNAIDS" in Sept 2012 ?
A. Amitabh Bachchan
B. Aishwarya rai Bachchan
C. Akshay Kumar
D. Kareen Kapoor
16. Who is appointed New Chief Justice of India ?
A. SH Kapadia
B. Altamas Kabir
C. DK Bhandari
D. Dalveer Bhandari
Ans: B (Justice Altamas Kabir appointed New Chief Justice of India(CJI) of India on 29th September 2012)
IMPORTANT POINT TO REMEMBER FOR SEPT. 2012 GK QUESTIONS:
* Hamid ansari become 2nd Person after Dr. Radhakrishnan to hold the Office of Vice-President fora second consecutive time.
* Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh Passes away
* NPCL's 6000 MW Mithivirdhi Nucler Power Project, one of the first after the India-US nuclear deal, has run into opposition over land acquisition and nucler safety.
* Indigenous Pollution Control vessel Samundra Paheredar deployed in coast guard.
* Sonia Gandhi is 6th in Forbes List of 100 most powerful women.
* Mars rover Curiosity Lands on Mars.
* Sudan, South sudan stike deal on Oil Transit Fee.
* Ethopian PM since 1995, Males Zenawi is dead.
* Russia Joins World Trade Organization (WTO) after 18 years of talks.
* Raghuram G Rajan appointed Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) in finance Ministry.
* PK Kurein elected Rajya sabha Deputy Chairmen.
* Admiral Devendra Joshi appointed new Navy Chief.
* Neil Armstrong, First man to reach Moon is dead.
* Cairn India CEO rahul dhir quits.
* VVS Laxman retires from International cricket.