Rajasthan Sewerage and Waste Water Policy 2016: Rajasthan state approve Sewerage and Waste Water Policy 2016 on 2nd August 2016. Here is some of Highlights of Rajasthan Sewerage and Waste Water Policy 2016.
- Rajasthan is the first state in the country to bring Sewerage and Water Water Policy.
- The Policy has been prepared after having studied laws of 15 different places. It has been formulated keeping in view the requirements of the state in the next 30 years.
- Under the policy it has been ascertained that all houses in urban areas connected to the waste water sanitation system so that waste water does not flow on roads and sewerage water gets properly treated.
- Policy includes an implementation plan which envisages achieving the service level benchmark with connecting all urban houses with waste water sanitation network in a time frame. For District headquarters, National Capital Region, NCR towns, heritage towns, cities having partial coverage and cities with water supply level more than 135 lpcd and cities with population above 1 lakh the time frame has been set for five years.
- Cities with population above 50 thousand and less than 1 lakh the time frame has been set for 10 years and cities with population below 50 thousand the time frame has been set for 15 years.
- Provision has been made for sale of treated water and it was decided that treated waste water would be sold in a transparent manner.