Rajasthan Budget 2011-12 highlights:
1. Rs. 12600 Crore for Power Production projects in Rajasthan
2. Special emphasis on Empowerment of Panchayati Raj in State
3. Road development work gets Rs. 4000 Crore
4. Electricity connections to 65,000 farmers
5. Rail line connectivity improvement in state
6. Better water conservation in state
7. Hydrology and water Management institute in Bikaner.
8. Improvement in Irrigation system
9. Indira Gandhi Canal to get 952 Crore for Canal repair and construction
10. Rs. 3400 for Mukhya mantri aawas yojna
11. 158000 New Indira Aawas across the state for BPL Families
12. Free computer education to womans.
13. Rs. 177 Crore for Mid-day meal
14. Relief to aam aadmi by removing taxes on Pulse, rice and wheat, kerosin
15. Watching move in cinema hall is cheap as Entertainment tax is totally removed.
16. VAT Increase: Tobacco products, Vehicles
17. VAT Decrease: Coolar, Jwelary, milk products, Restaurant food, Pashuhar, DTH, LED, CFL and hand made woolan productions
18. 50000 New teachers recruitment in rajasthan
19. 12000 new constable recruitment in rajasthan
20. 145 Lab technicians recruitment
21. 123 Nursing tutors recruitment
22. Special packages for E-OBC category.
23. Scholarship increased for SC,ST,OBC from Rs.750 to Rs. 1250
24. New cricket stadium in Jaipur to promote sports.
25. Pension for freedom fighters increased to Rs. 15000
26. Cheap atta for 4 Lakh BPL Families
27. Rs. 50 Lakh for wakf board
28. Facilities to Haz yatri's.
29. Student insurance for all student worth Rs. 1 Lakh
30. IIIT in Kota, Rs. 45 Crore and Free land to institute.
31. Polytechnic in Udaipur and Sahariya region.